Follow Ups | Post Followup | Back to Discussion Board | VegSource
See spam or
inappropriate posts?
Please let us know.

From: Guy (
Subject: Re: What is aluminum insert in Farberware pc?
Date: October 29, 2004 at 6:27 pm PST

In Reply to: What is aluminum insert in Farberware pc? posted by j.king on October 18, 2004 at 12:31 pm:

I'd guess that it is for double boiler style cooking in a pc. Does the Farberware also come with a tripod for steaming and a steamer basket? A tripod would be necessary for placing a double boiler insert above boiling water in a pc.

If you scroll down the board you will find some posts (most by me) about using an insert with pc's. I have been using inserts with my pc's for 3-4 years now & will never go back to cooking without one. Food never scorches and I like the flavor and texture of foods cooked in an insert much more than regular pc'ing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

E-mail: (optional)


Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: