Follow Ups | Post Followup | Back to Discussion Board | VegSource
See spam or
inappropriate posts?
Please let us know.

From: Guy (
Subject: Re: What does a tripod look like?
Date: September 8, 2004 at 9:15 am PST

In Reply to: What does a tripod look like? posted by KLC on September 7, 2004 at 10:12 am:

Each of the 3 pc's that I have purchased have come with a rigid steamer basket and a tripod to place it 1 1/2"-2" above the bottom of the pc. The tripod is a simple piece of solid stainless steel rod bent into a shape which supports the basket above the water for steaming purposes.

You could try using a foldable steamer but most of those do not place the basket very high off the bottom surface. If you want to keep any vegetables out of water only about a half inch of water can be used. This may be too little water for pressure to build and the risk of boiling your pc dry and damaging could be higher. I suggest purchasing the type usually supplied with most pc's.

If you click the link below you will see a steamer basket and part of a tripod which supports it for pc use.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

E-mail: (optional)


Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: