Follow Ups | Post Followup | Back to Discussion Board | VegSource
See spam or
inappropriate posts?
Please let us know.

From: Guy (
Subject: Re: Inserts and PC
Date: April 5, 2004 at 8:36 pm PST

In Reply to: Inserts and PC posted by Emily on April 5, 2004 at 11:24 am:

Yes, you can use any bowl that can be put above the water. If the Kuhn accessory is similar to a steamer insert but without holes it would work fine as long as you don't put too much in it.

I did find a nice steep sided ceramic serving bowl with a flat bottom at Crate & Barrel. It fits nicely on a trivet topped tripod in a 4.5-6 liter standard pc. The reason why this particular bowl is well suited to the job is that it won't easily tip over like a more spherical shaped bowl would tend to do. It cost about $20.00. Another option would be to find a simple stainless pot which would just fit inside your pc on top of a tripod after removing any handles. Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

E-mail: (optional)


Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: