From: Cheryl (lsanca1-ar13-4-60-128-026.lsanca1.dsl-verizon.net)
Subject: another risotto recipe
Date: March 20, 2003 at 11:03 pm PST
In Reply to: Cheryl, this need to go to the top of the board. posted by Jim on March 20, 2003 at 6:54 pm:
I'm so glad you liked it-- one of my favorites, too. Now you have got me craving risottos-- guess I know what's for dinner tomorrow night!
Here is another risotto recipe, also from Lorna Sass, but I have changed it a bit. (She uses dried mushrooms.) Also, I leave out the fennel seeds since my husband doesn't like them. Just play around til you get what you like. Here goes:
Lemon-Scented Asparagus Risotto
1-1/2 lb. asparagus
1 C water
1 C sliced mushrooms
3-1/2 to 4 C vegetable stock
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1-1/2 C arborio rice
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1-1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbs lemon zest
2-3 Tbs. lemon juice
3 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
1. Clean asparagus, removing tough stems.
2. Set the cup of water to boil in the pc and place the asparagus directly into the water. Cover and steam over medium-high heat until the asparagus are tender-crisp, 3-5 minutes. (not under pressure)
3. Remove the asparagus with a spatula and pour the cooking liquid into a 4-cup measure. Cut the asparagus into 1 inch slices and set aside.
4. Add enough veggie stock to the asparagus liquid to equal 4 C total.
5. Dry out the pc, heat the oil in it. Saute onion until soft, about 2 minutes. Stir in rice, mushrooms, fennel seeds, salt and 3-1/2 C stock.
6. Lock lid, bring to high pressure, lower heat and maintain high pressure for 5 minutes. Release pressure with quick-release.
7. Add asparagus, lemon zest and lemon juice and parsley. Add remaining stock, if necessary, and cook another minute or two. Yum.