The current batch of videos from volume 9 are about to run out, so starting this week and running through October I'll be rolling out the videos off my new Latest in Clinical Nutrition DVD, volume 10. The DVDs give folks the opportunity to sneak preview videos months ahead of time, watch them all straight through, and share as gifts, but there's nothing on the DVDs that won't eventually end up online free at NutritionFacts.org.
The Latest in Clinical Nutrition volume 10 DVD is available for purchase now, with all proceeds going to benefit The Humane Society of the United States. In addition, to commemorate my tenth volume, I've packaged all ten into a complete 12-disc DVD set that is also available.
Here's the list of chapters off the new volume 10 DVD -- a preview of what's to come here on NutritionFacts.org:
1. Human neurotransmitters in plants
2. The wrong way to boost serotonin
3. A better way to boost serotonin
4. The best way to boost serotonin
5. The true shelf-life of cooking oils
6. Black versus English walnuts
7. Diet vs. drugs for high cholesterol
8. Nuts & bolts of cholesterol lowering
9. How fiber lowers cholesterol
10. How phytosterols lower cholesterol
11. Optimal phytosterol dose
12. Optimal phytosterol source
13. Nuts & obesity: the weight of evidence
14. Solving the mystery of the missing calories
15. Testing the pistachio principle
16. Testing the dietary compensation theory
17. Testing the fat burning theory
18. Fat burning via arginine
19. Fat burning via flavonoids
20. Fawning over flora
21. Boosting good bacteria without probiotics
22. Tipping Firmicutes to Bacteroidetes
23. The ice diet
24. Diet vs. exercise for weight loss
25. Meat & weight gain in the PANACEA study
26. Cattlemen's Association has beef with study
27. Waist circumference < half your height
28. Tightening the bible belt
29. Biblical Daniel Fast put to the test
30. Diet pills do a fat lot of good
31. To snack or not to snack?
32. Extra virgin olive oil vs. nuts
33. Slimming the gecko
34. Engineering a cure
35. Ex vivo cancer proliferation bioassay
36. Is it the diet, the exercise, or both?
37. Some prostates are larger than others
38. Prostate vs. plants
39. Prostate vs. a plant-based diet
40. IGF-1 as one-stop cancer shop
41. Cancer-proofing mutation
42. The answer to the Pritikin puzzle
43. How plant-based to lower IGF-1?
44. Protein intake & IGF-1 production
45. Higher quality may mean higher risk
46. Animalistic plant proteins
47. Too much soy may neutralize benefits
48. How much soy is too much?
49. Plant-based bodybuilding
50. Paleolithic lessons
51. Modern meat not ahead of the game
52. Filled full of lead
53. The healthiest meat
54. Bug Appétit: Barriers to entomophagy
55. Eating green to prevent cancer
My last DVD, Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death, is already online in its entirety. It's my attempt to squeeze all the most compelling (and entertaining!) findings published over the last 12 months on preventing, treating, and reversing our top 15 killers into a single video. If you find it valuable, please consider sharing it with those in your circles. Even if you're not hooked into social media, you can click on the little envelope icon beneath the video to email it to friends and family (or just send them the link http://bit.ly/uprootingdeath).
And as always, if you haven't already, you can subscribe for free to my videos at http://bit.ly/nutritionfactsupdates
-Michael Greger, M.D.