Custom Search


HOMESCHOOLERS: We have some very cool advertisers on this website, and as VegSource is supported by advertising, we're happy about that. If you can't see any ads, you might have an ad blocker, or a setting in your browser which blocks ads from showing up. Consider turning on ads while on vegsource so that you can see what they have to offer, and so that this site can remain free.

Reply To This Post         Return to Posts Index           VegSource Home

From: weewolf (
Subject:         I hope I'm not being nosey....
Date: July 30, 2006 at 7:23 am PST

In Reply to: Re: You don't have to let him see them unless you want to... posted by Brenda C. on July 29, 2006 at 8:06 pm:

I would try to suppress his rights by claiming abandonment.

If a parent has gone for years without seeing their children, whether or not they were in jail (it was voluntary abandonment because they committed the crime), then you can claim that the other parent has abandoned the children and therefore all rights to them as well as visitation.

You will want to confirm with a lawyer regarding the particulars in your state, however I am almost certain in your case since he voluntarily waived his rights previously, that abandonment can be proven.

Also, if he committed a violent crime then you can petition the court to restrict contact based on the presumption that contact with the parent will put the children in harm's way. Depending on the crime you almost certainly can prevent him from seeing them and are duty bound to do so on behalf of the children's well-being.

I hope this helps and if you need anything at all or just want to talk please email me at . :)


Reply To This Post         Return to Posts Index           VegSource Home

Follow Ups:


Post Reply

E-mail: (optional)


Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

See spam or
inappropriate posts?
Please let us know.

Infomercial production direct marketing Legacy Films