Custom Search


HOMESCHOOLERS: We have some very cool advertisers on this website, and as VegSource is supported by advertising, we're happy about that. If you can't see any ads, you might have an ad blocker, or a setting in your browser which blocks ads from showing up. Consider turning on ads while on vegsource so that you can see what they have to offer, and so that this site can remain free.

Reply To This Post         Return to Posts Index           VegSource Home

From: LynDel (
Subject:         Our experience.....
Date: July 9, 2011 at 1:19 pm PST

In Reply to: What about diplomas for college entrance or jobs? posted by Guest on May 2, 2011 at 3:26 pm:

Our oldest son "graduated" high school in 2009 - however, we enrolled him at the community college during his senior year, and he was "dual enrolled." We had to sign a permission form as his "teacher" to take classes, but they didn't require a transcript or anything. forward to this summer, the kid has his Associate of Arts degree, and has a 3.6 GPA from the community college, and wants to transfer to ASU - well....ASU required a homeschool transcript (which we already had, I bought a transcript program and kept records), they required us to fill out about 10 pages of questions regarding actual course work, curriculum, etc. that was completed in high school (who can remember all that??!!) which we did (with some difficulty - it required us to go through numerous boxes of stored school work, lesson plans, etc.), we had to sign and have notarized an affidavit stating that he completed his homeschool education and "graduated," and he had to submit an official transcript from the community college. Whew. But he DID get accepted into ASU and is on his way in the fall. We hope. We're working on how to pay for it now. Which is ridiculous. So the short version is - get a good transcript program, keep really good accurate records, print several copies and put them somewhere you will remember where they are. As my girlfriend and fellow-homeschool Mom has told me a hundred times, "Remember, a diploma is just a piece of paper, any "diploma" you would give your child is not from an accredited institution, so it really is pointless." Unfortunately, I believe she's correct. If you want to be certain that your child gets "credit" for high school, you may want to consider having them take the GED and get an official state issued certification. Incidentally, after what we went through with our son, we're having our daughters take the GED (both early because they're ready) and one of our daughters is off to cosmetology school in the fall, and they didn't require anything, but we're doing it anyway, just to cover our bases. :) Good luck.

Reply To This Post         Return to Posts Index           VegSource Home

Follow Ups:


Post Reply

E-mail: (optional)


Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

See spam or
inappropriate posts?
Please let us know.

Infomercial production direct marketing Legacy Films