Custom Search


HOMESCHOOLERS: We have some very cool advertisers on this website, and as VegSource is supported by advertising, we're happy about that. If you can't see any ads, you might have an ad blocker, or a setting in your browser which blocks ads from showing up. Consider turning on ads while on vegsource so that you can see what they have to offer, and so that this site can remain free.

Reply To This Post         Return to Posts Index           VegSource Home

From: Saysfaa (
Subject:         Re: Driver's Ed
Date: August 22, 2008 at 8:08 am PST

In Reply to: Driver's Ed posted by Mom to two teen boys on August 21, 2008 at 3:13 pm:

Some states that have school based driver's ed programs also have private driver's ed companies. You might check the yellow pages or Department of Motor Vehicles (or Secretary of State, or whoever does the licensing in your state) for the nearest big cities.

An internet search for "Driver's Ed in a Box" should get you to a home study program. When I was looking (our state required driver's ed for anyone under 18 to get a license)... this was the only home study I could find that was accepted by our state. It was accepted by our insurance also.

One thing to think about... In our state, we can get the learner's permit without affecting the insurance at all, and without going through driver's ed. The dc drives as much as possible to get the experience, and gets the full license only we really need another driver.

Reply To This Post         Return to Posts Index           VegSource Home

Follow Ups:


Post Reply

E-mail: (optional)


Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

See spam or
inappropriate posts?
Please let us know.

Infomercial production direct marketing Legacy Films