Why do vegetarians automatically assume that all people who eat meat would choose to eat "mechanically separated meat" products? I am a meat eater. I'm not ashamed to eat meat. I buy good quality meat from the same shops many of you go to to buy your chosen food products. Unfortunately, many vegetarians flatter themselves into believing they are somehow superior in their ethics. That is rubbish. Humans are meant to eat meat. We are physically constructed to eat meat (just look at our teeth) as well as vegetables (I love vegetables as much as meat and I keep two large allotments to grow my vegetables). If you want to eat only vegetables as your diet then do so. A question I have is this. Why, on a site dedicated to vegetarianism, do you even need to discuss meat at all? Surely you have what you want...a site dedicated to vegetarianism. My guess is that many of you struggle to stay in your ivory towers whilst secretly craving chewing on a piece of succulant steak! Vegetarianism is a brilliant concept but it's a shame it has been hijacked by a load of nuts who would be better suited to reclassifying their vegetarianism as a religion. Oh, and before you try and lamely attack me for coming on this site (because I am the evil meat eater) I actually came to see some ideas and get further understanding to enhance my diet with a broader selection of food. Its a shame that what Iv'e found here are a load of idiots who learn nothing because they are busy waving their fingers at other people.
1) I am as much a vegetarian as you. I bet I eat as many vegetables as anyone on this site.
2) Your site? So you think calling yourself a vegetarian gives you ownership of something?
3) "We don't believe our ethics are superior, we know they are" GET SERIOUS
4) "many of us used to be caught up in the same cycle as you, and that is why we changed." You just left one form of control and landed right into the hand of another. I CHOOSE to eat a wider variety of food than you because I want to and I believe it is right to.
5) "The only thing that has been hijacked is your mind by the meat industry who profits from making people like you believe that your learned habit of eating meat justifies herding tortured, hormone injected animals into small cages or spaces and making them suffer because some spoiled brat in Omaha only wants to eat half of their dead chicken or cow, discarding the rest, for the umpteenth time." you really are showing what an emotional bag of fluff you are. When did I promote cruelty to animals? You won't win an argument with a cry-baby outburst of blackmail!
6) "Would you criticise someone for opposing the eating of cats or dogs?" Again your question shows what a poor argument you offer. Why don't you find something factual to accuse me of doing/saying that proves I am in support of cruelty? I will tell you why...because I never said any of that!
7) "Meat is an inefficient form of protein that was fine for early people living in the wilderness who only took what they needed when they couldn't grow vegetables." FACT, Meat IS an efficient form of protein. FACT, both meat and vegetables would have been sought.
8) "We only need 30% of total calories daily as protein, and that can be obtained from plants." So what makes you think you are justified to kill plants? There are some idiots who believe plants have the sense of pain. So what do you say if I suggest you are a carrot killer?
9) "Today its all about suffering and profit from over consumption generated by the meat industry." You really need to stop generalising. I don't promote cruelty or greed. If you object so much to the way your country does business why don't you do something democratic instead of rant about it in you special club? You have just as much right as anybody to campaign!
10) "Vegetarians have simply discovered that we don't have to have meat to survive, and refuse to fund the greedy industry." Vegetable prices are just as overinflated as meat prices.
11) "Stop "waving your finger" at us, pick the rotted meat out of your fangs, and try having a meat constipated dump somewhere else." This is your defining moment. I brush my teeth and maintain good hygiene. You on the other hand resort to abuse because you have ROT in your head...it's called hatred! OH and here's a little morsel of FACT for you. There are fruits and vegetables that can cause constipation. Don't panic though, as your verbal diarrhoea shows you don't have a problem...yet! Have a good life!
Posted by Sameat, March 6, 2014 at 05:00 AM
Posted by Sameat, March 4, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Posted by Sameat, March 4, 2014 at 05:00 AM
Posted by Sameat, March 2, 2014 at 04:31 AM
The name fast food is incorrect. It's slow processed muck. The world demands more but not quality. If we want to have the cancer rate go down we need to bring are kids up right.
My concern about animals being used as food, clothing, entertainment & used in science experiments is the element of suffering caused to the creatures.
Also, the environmental impact that having so much animal wastage pumped into the environment will cause? What will happen to all the waste created from these animal farms? Yes they give hormones to most animals bred for consumption, they also give them antibiotics to stop infections & illness spreading due to conditions being bad for the animals due to overcrowding & lack of sanitation. Most factory farms want to make the best profit possible, so rarely have vet call-outs. Overcrowded pigs often get ruptures & turmors on their bodies & resort to cannibalism out of boredom & stress & still use these sick & stressed animals for human consumption. Cows with mastitis & pus are still milked. Most animals are not dead when the meat processing begins (skinning & deboning the carcass). Some have their throat cut & are just left hanging as some abbitoirs collect the blood as well. Diseases are born & spread through incorrect disposal of factory wastes including carcasses..the result Pfisteria being one dangerous bacterium. And of course those farm hands that are unnecessarily cruel to the poor animals...bred only to be killed for mans profit, should be ashamed. Some of the violence displayed is brutal to say the least. Sad in a way we have become so self absorbed we cant see anothers pain & suffering, no matter what the species is. This planet was meant to be shared, not ruled over by overlords leaving other living beings in fear. I do not think my self any better than anyone else. I have what everyone else has on this planet, a choice, & I choose a different path to eleviate the suffering of others. Thats all.
i honestly thought it was gum...like hubba bubba or something.
Yes, that really is disgusting. Looks like yogurt. Ewwww
Copyright ©2014 VegSource Interactive, Inc. Reproduction of material from any VegSource pages without written permission is strictly prohibited.
VEGSOURCE ® is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a trademark of Mostly Magic Productons, Inc.