Blogs

 

Blogs Tagged As:
"sausage"

Entries tagged with: sausage

5 result(s) displayed (1 - 5 of 5):

user-pic

What to Eat to Protect Against Kidney Cancer

Michael Greger MD | September 8, 2016 | Health

Read More: animal products, antioxidants, bacon, beef, blood pressure, cancer, carcinogens, celery, chicken, collard greens, dairy, deli meat, diabetes, eggs, fermented foods, fiber, greens, hot dogs, hypertension, industry influence, kale, kidney cancer, kidney disease, kidney health, meat, NIH-AARP study, nitrate, nitrite, nitrosamines, obesity, phytonutrients, plant-based diets, pork, processed foods, processed meat, sausage, smoking, tobacco, vegetables, vitamin C

58,000 Americans are diagnosed with kidney cancer every year, and 13,000 die. And the numbers have been going up. Approximately 4 percent of cases are hereditary, but what about the other 96 percent? The only accepted risk factor has......

user-pic

The Effects of Dietary Cholesterol on Blood Cholesterol

Michael Greger MD | March 22, 2016 | Health

Read More: American Egg Board, animal fat, bacon, cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular health, cholesterol, eggs, fat, heart disease, heart health, industry influence, LDL cholesterol, meat, pork, saturated fat, sausage, smoking, tobacco, triglycerides

Blood cholesterol levels are clearly increased by eating dietary cholesterol. In other words, putting cholesterol in our mouth means putting cholesterol in our blood, and it may also potentiate the harmful effects of saturated fats, meaning when we eat......

user-pic

What Do Eggs Do To Our Arteries?

Michael Greger MD | August 20, 2015 | Health

Read More: American Egg Board, breakfast, cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular health, cheese, cholesterol, eggs, fast food, fat, heart disease, heart health, industry influence, LDL cholesterol, McDonald's, oatmeal, obesity, sausage, smoking, standard American diet

In reaction to the study that found a similar exponential increase in artery clogging plaque in both smokers and egg eaters, one critic countered that eggs have beneficial effects on vascular endothelium, the inner lining of our arteries, citing......

user-pic

Special Edition : Jambalaya and a tribute to Cafe Bamboo

Meet The Shannons | June 28, 2010

Read More: Cajun, Creole, Jambalaya, Louisiana, Restaurants, sausage, Seafood, Southern, spicy, Vegan, vegan foods

We recently heard some sad news. Dan and I went to New Orleans for our honeymoon last summer and it was pretty hot, Dan caught a cold and we saw alligators. Basically, We had an amazing time in one of......