6. Be nice – Flames belong in the Flame Room. We all disagree with each other occasionally and that’s fine. The world would be a pretty dull place if we all thought exactly alike. But when disagreements melt down to personal attacks or escalate into a flame war, the monitor may zap it away (unless it’s in the Flame Room or the HomeSchool Issues Board). (back to top)
7. Banned topics – the very brief list of topics that are restricted or off limits. Just about anything can be discussed at VegSource, though we ask you not to stray too far off-topic on a topic-specific board. But we don’t want – and our guests don’t want – every board to be taken up with heated arguments. So certain topics, because of the inflammatory nature of the discussion, are limited to certain boards or not permitted at all.
· Abortion. If you want to discuss abortion, the only place at VegSource equipped for this very hot topic is the Flame Room.
· Sexuality. If you want to discuss sexual orientation, take it to the Flame Room.
· Politics. Political discussions are limited to the HomeSchool Issues Board and the Flame Room.
· There is a common belief that spanking is a banned topic. It is not. But because of the controversial nature of the subject and the strong feelings many people have, spanking threads tend to devolve into flame wars fairly predictably and rapidly – and flame wars are restricted to the Flame Room.
· .Guns. There is no board at VegSource where the subject of guns may be discussed. This means both sides of the issue – whether you’re a card-carrying NRA member or a crusader for gun control, do not use VS boards to make your case. (back to top)
8. Trolls are restricted to the area under the bridge. A troll is a person who posts on a messageboard with the intent of causing trouble. While that seems a little vague, we’ve been doing this a long time and know a troll when we see one. Unless they are very amusing, our tolerance level is pretty low. If you suddenly appear on a board – other than the Flame Room – attacking the other guests, the board itself, or the site, expect to see your posts disappear. Keep it up and ~poof!~ you will disappear. (back to top)
9. Selling. The only boards on which any selling of any kind is permitted are the swap boards. Any posts offering to sell or buy on the discussion boards will be removed. (back to top)
10. If you are a distributor/sales rep/consultant for a an MLM company, an MLM company that swears it’s not an MLM company, or any company that encourages you to recruit others to sell their product or service, you can’t do it here unless you are part of our Dealer Program. (back to top)
11. On some of our boards, guests like to play around with using odd names or even each other’s names. This is all in the spirit of fun and doesn’t involve any real effort to deceive. We have no problem with that. We know our Star Wars names, our Pirate names, and our Captain Underpants names as well as anyone does. But impersonating others with the intent to deceive and/or disguising your originating gateway by the use of anonymizers or other methods is not permitted. (back to top)
12. Please do not ask for donations, or conduct “surveys,” or try to use our discussion boards to develop material for your own books or projects (this includes homework!) without our prior approval. There is no way for us to validate whether a given person, survey, charity or project is valid. They probably are, but it’s just too easy for a scammer to come in and try to pick up an extra fifty bucks or try to collect personal information from our generous guests. The only exceptions permitted are any of the non-profit organizations which VegSource sponsors and which are listed on our front page. If you wish to conduct some sort of survey for school or commercial purposes, you must get permission from Vegsource to do so. (back to top)
13. If you’re having problems posting on one or more of the VegSource boards, please fill out this contact form (For best results, please be sure to read and follow all of the instructions on the contact form) Do not post your request on one of the boards. Our guests are some of the nicest people on the Internet and they’d love to help you, but they can’t. Often, with the best of intentions and a genuine desire to be helpful, they give wrong answers. (back to top)