1 cup yellow
split moong beans
3 cups water
2 medium tomatoes
4 branches of cilantro
½ jalapeno pepper
½ tsp. mustard seed
½ tsp. cumin seed
1 tsp. extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
Celtic Sea Salt (to taste)
Pinch of Turmeric
(Optional: ½ lemon if you enjoy a tangy taste)
1. Cut each
tomato into 8 pieces.
2. Cut the ½ jalapeno into 8 pieces
3. Chop the cilantro
4. Squeeze ½ of a lemon (Optional)
1. Cook Moong
Beans with 3 cups of water on medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, jalapeno, salt, and turmeric.
3. Cook for another 15 minutes.
4. Add Cilantro and lemon juice (lemon juice is optional).
5. In a separate pan, add olive oil (1 tsp) and heat the oil on
6. Add mustard seed and cumin seed.
7. As the mustard seeds start to pop, remove the pan from the
heat and add to the soup and cover it.
** If you like thinner soup add more water to the soup**
This will make
a very nutritious, tasty and light soup to keep you warm this winter!
Version of Recipe
Mrs. Mani Chari is a professional Indian classical dancer and
musician. She introduced Indian vegetarian cooking at a University
in Ohio and has taught cooking classes in San Diego and Los Angeles.
She offers cooking classes where she teaches the cooking techniques
and explains the health benefits of the spices and nutritional benefits
of the dishes. Mrs. Chari can be reached at (619) 275-8073 or please
visit their website at http://www.charicenter.com.
this article to a friend:
Note: You will also receive a copy
of the email you are sending.