Follow Ups | Post Followup | Back to Discussion Board | VegSource
See spam or
inappropriate posts?
Please let us know.

From: Guest (
Subject: Found baby morning dove; temp. care
Date: July 16, 2005 at 4:58 pm PST

I found a baby morning dove in my backyard yesterday. I waited and waited, watching from the window for any signs of parents......none came. Leaving it wasn't an option because there's many, many cats in the neighborhood that wander freely and he'd have been lunch by dinner time. I put him in a basket with the intentions of bringing him to our vet (who then gives him to a wildlife rescue) but didn't get off work until they closed. Now I have to wait until Monday to get him there...... He's drinking water himself from a cap and eating the insides of tomatoes, and some oatmeal. I've been letting him out oftent to see if he can fly (in case) but am convinced he's a baby. Should I just hold off until Monday and turn him in, or let him go in some remote area with no felines, and hope for the best? Will one more day in captivity hurt him?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

E-mail: (optional)


Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: